Make natural grass yourself that makes you happy. Don’t you want that too? But how do you get this realistic grass on your layout or diorama? Use the RTS GreenKeeper! There are 4 variants designed for the use of different flake lengths. In combination with Minitec’s grass flake glue you can easily create a beautiful realistic lawn, landscape, flower bed, shrubs and trees, etc. The possibilities are enormous, so be creative!
What is a RTS Greenkeeper:
The Greenkeeper or an “electrostatic flocking device” works with an electrostatic field in which the grass fibers are “shot” into the glue from the RTS Greenkeeper. The grass fibers can be filled at the bottom of the RTS Greenkeeper. The voltage field is created by a 9V block battery which is standard supplied.
The RTS Greenkeeper is available in 4 different strengths: 20 kV (Junior), 25 kV, 35 kV and 55 kV. These strengths have been specially developed to be able to shoot the different lengths of grass fibers upright (vertically) into the glue. The higher the power, the longer the grass fibers that can be used. This is also the biggest difference from all other flocking devices on the market. Due to the higher power of the RTS Greenkeepers, it is possible to flock a larger surface in one go. Furthermore, the higher the power of the RTS Greenkeeper, the larger de distance can be between the device and the surface.
Grass fiber indication table:
- RTS Greenkeeper Junior - 0,5 - 2mm fiber
- RTS Greenkeeper 25 kV - 0,5 - 4,5 mm fiber
- RTS Greenkeeper 35 kV - 0,5 - 6,5 mm fiber
- RTS Greenkeeper 55 kV - 0,5 - 16 mm fiber
The RTS Swap container:
A practical aid for quickly and easily filling and changing colors and lengths of grass fibers is the RTS swap container. This swap containers are available in 100 ml and for the large Greenkeepers also in 200 ml. The RTS sieve: To create the correct structure of the grass, different sieven can be used. They can be screwed onto the RTS Greenkeeper. For short grass fibers you use an extra / fine sieve. Coarser sieven are available for the longer grass fibers. A standard range of sieves are included with the RTS Greenkeeper.
Scope of delivery:
The RTS Greenkeeper Junior come standard with a 9V block battery, opposite pole cable and 2 sieves. The other RTS Greenkeepers comes standard with a 9V block battery, opposite pole cable and 3 sieves. Complete sets are also available in a transport case with 9V block battery, opposite pole cable, 3 or 4 sieves, contact spring, 2 swap containers, 2 reducing rings and a manual.
Cleaning the RTS Greenkeeper:
The RTS Greenkeeper is easy to clean by wiping away the excess grass fibers with a brush or by using compressed air.
To create a beautiful and realistic lawn, we recommend using the short grass fibers first and then adding the longer grass fibers. You can also choose to apply a mix of different lengths and colors at once.
A short work description:
- Step 1: Prepare the device for use. Fill the grass fiber into the RTS Greenkeeper or swap container. and place the correct sieve on the Greenkeeper.
- Step 2: Coat the surface to be flocked with MiniTec grass flake glue. To do this, take a brush and dip it in the glue. By means of the “Stamping-technique” you create an uneven structure, creating a more natural landscape. (do not apply the glue as a large contiguous surface, but create “islands”). Make sure that the glue is “open” and has not formed a skin yet.
- Step 3: Insert a needle / nail into the surface which you are going to flock, and attach the - pol of the RTS Greenkeeper to it.
- Step 4: Sprinkle the grass fibers into the glue with a shaking movement. You have a maximum of 8 minutes for this process because the glue will form a skin.
- Step 5: Repeat steps 2 and 4 until you have achieved the desired result.
- Step 6: Excess loose grass fiber can be easily removed by vacuuming it with a hand vacuum cleaner and panty around the hose outlet.